[Trlog] Trying out tr linux using a USB flash drive not working!

Lee Zalaznik lee.zalaznik at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 8 20:54:06 EST 2022

Sirs:

I was trying to build a USB flash drive to try TRLinux.

I went to the www.slax.org and downloaded the latest version
slax-64bit-11.4.0.iso  and install it on the USB flash drive.

I followed the instructions in Step one and got the USB flash drive to
boot slax to the desktop.

Step two load the additional six modules on to the USB flash drive.   On
the slax web site there is no additional modules to be had.

Step three I loaded the trlinux_r0.49.sb in the module subdirectory and
boot in the slax desktop.   As the instructions say to click on the
Normal trlog icon.   There is not icon showing.

I was thinking of redoing my old laptop that I use for logging with TR4W
on Windows XP to a linux OS using TR4W and/or TRlLinux

I only have a DSL connection at the present time a lite linux version
would be easy to download.   Slax seems to fit that requirement and I am
only going to use it for logging.

Any ideas!

73, Lee   KI6OY