[Trlog] N4OGW bandmap and TR log

TreeN6TR treen6tr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 11:17:27 EST 2023

Happy to report that the N4OGW SO2SDR Waterfall bandmap and TR log are now
working perfectly together.  I tested it during the NAQP CW contest and had
no issues with the interface.

Tor has updated his program to enable using the bandmap at RF frequencies
in addition to IF frequencies.  This means you have the option of using an
IF output from your rig (like a K3) or split the receiver RF and use that
(which is required for SDR radios that have no IF frequency such as the
K4).  It is working great using the Afedri dual channel SDR by 4Z5LV - AFEDRI
SDR-Net description (afedri-sdr.com) <http://afedri-sdr.com/>.  This is a
great choice for your SO2R or 2BSIQ guys.

BTW - if you are interested in going down the RF frequency route - I found
a great deal on splitters you can use in the RX antenna input/output of
your radio.  I am using two of the ICE Model 112A's which have a bit of
preamp in them to make up for the loss with the splitter.  These are no
longer being made, but it seems someone ended up with a cache of them and
are selling them surplus for a very nice price.

Industrial Communications Engineers (ICE) Model 112A Receive Signal
Splitter (noveltybrave.tech)
<https://www.noveltybrave.tech/archive/Industrial-Communications-Engineers-ice-Model-112a-Receive-Signal-Splitter/xpz8688c7d87a88.html>

I had some issues with their website trying to checkout as a guest - so had
to sign up.  But for $25 a copy, they can't be beat.

Another new feature to the program is the ability to output QSO data using
UDP.  This is using the same format as N1MM, so programs that can accept
the UDP output of N1MM are happy to accept them from TR Log as well.  This
is being used now for the real time WRTC activity station upload.  I also
used it during the NAQP to interface to the Qsorder program, which will
create individual MP3 files of your QSOs and save them as files with the
QSO information in the filename.  Many thanks to Kevin, W9CF, for help
getting that going.

George, K5TR will be doing an official release to update the compiled
version of the program available on the website soon.

73 Tree N6TR
tree at kkn.net