[UK-CONTEST] Sprint analysis

Clive GM3POI gm3poi at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 21 01:36:37 EDT 2002

After playing around in yesterdays Sprint, I thought I would check into how
well it compares from a likely propagation point of view with the NA Sprint.
Which we know it was designed to simulate. On the 9th Feb at  in CA sunset
was at 0134z i.e. 1hr 34min after the start of the Contest. In NY sunset was
at 2217z so it was already dark at the start of the Contest.
Take yourself now to yesterday where we find in G,sunset at 1914z i.e.
14mins after the Contest has ended as a matter of fact here SS is at 1934z.
I therefore suggest that the Contest would have had to have started at 1740z
to simulate the Sunset times of the NA sprint in G land i.e. 1hr 34min
before G sunset.
73 Clive GM3POI