[UK-CONTEST] EU Sprint GM3POI

Clive GM3POI gm3poi at btinternet.com
Mon Apr 22 04:43:11 EDT 2002

Terrible Condx here with a K of 6 @ 15z and 5 @ 18z its not the place to be
at 59Deg N. All the 20m signals were down with a couple of exceptions like
9A3NM who was end stop. I also noticed 80m signals well down and also rather
a lot of QRN. The clash with the YU and WSEM contests was a pity I had
several stations say No EU. As I've said before the timing of this sprint is
bad from the LF point of view with Sunset here being 34mins after the
contest ended. Had their been no aurora I'm sure the eastern EUs would have
creamed any UK score as it turns out the eastern EUs seem to have been
affected more with the likes of LY2OX behind me !!
Band    Qs
20        57
40        45
80        32
Total 134
Not bad for an A index of 46. As per G0MTN request
Rig FT1000D/ FT1000MP5+ Amps
20m C31XR+TH5
40m 4 square/500 Radials
80m 1/4 of a 4 square / 120 radials