[UK-CONTEST] M0BEW - WAECW 2002

Dave Lawley g4buo at compuserve.com
Wed Aug 14 03:55:29 EDT 2002

Message text written by "Ian White, G3SEK"
>Talking about recording: I had to wonder if anyone could really log 10
incoming QTCs in real time, at the speed that some were being sent -
each one instantly R'd and straight on to the next. It's not the Morse
reading speed that's hard to believe, but the typing/scribbling speed
required to get the solid string of 10 into the log with no time for
'reading behind'. Is it real, or in WAE is 'QTC' a signal - at least for
some people - to press the REC button?<

I used to enter WAE CW each year, until DARC changed the rules so
that there was no distinction between those who liked to use packet
assistance and those who prefer to hunt for multipliers properly. At
last, DARC have realised the stupidity of this rule and will now
recognise unassisted entries, so I'm happy to send an entry again.

I have never before had the confidence to key in QTCs to CT, so in
the past I always wrote them down on paper. This time I didn't fancy
keying all this stuff in after the contest, so on my first QTC, received
at I suppose about 30wpm, I sweated a lot but managed to key it in
with only one mistake which I was able to correct afterwards. This
gave me the confidence to copy all QTCs directly throughout the
contest.

Dave G4BUO