[UK-CONTEST] Heil Headset

Chris Tran GM3WOJ gm3woj at talk21.com
Tue Jul 2 15:45:31 EDT 2002

Hi Jim et al

I visited the Heil web-site (www.heilsound.com) a
few weeks ago and under 'Miscellaneous - Parts'
they list 'WS-PS Foam windshield for Proset' $4.00

However, when I e-mailed them about a spare loudspeaker
for my Proset, I got a curt reply 'we don't ship worldwide
- contact Waters and Stanton'   Unfortunately, W & S said
'we need the Heil part number before we can order this
for you', so I e-mailed Heil again, but no reply.

My experience recently with Heil has not been very good,
which seems at odds with recent postings praising Heilsound
on the main contest reflector.

I've found that the HC4/HC5 inserts are affected by damp
in the longer term, and eventually fail - the audio goes very
thin and 'reedy', and the output voltage of the element
drops considerably just before failing completely.

73
Chris