[UK-CONTEST] PJ2Y operation in IOTA contest

HYDES,ALAN (HP-Unitedkingdom,ex2) alan_hydes at bra.exch.hp.com
Fri Jul 12 12:40:59 EDT 2002

I'm pleased to announce that the Bristol Contest Group will be back
on the Island of Curacao - SA006 - again this year with the call PJ2Y
during the IOTA Contest.

The operators will be myself G3XSV, Robin G3TKF, Geoff G4FKA, Chris
G0HFX, and Wilf M0WLF.  Outside the contest from 22nd July through
to 31st July we will be operating as PJ2/homecall on all bands from
80m to 6m, SSB and CW.  Please QSL to our homecalls, and to
G3SWH only for PJ2Y cards.

We should be a better signal into Europe on 80m this year as we'll
have a 3 element delta loop and a beverage pointing to EU.  So
please take the trouble to look for us in the noise from 0000Z.
Also, please listen for us on 10m in the contest.  Last year we could
hear everything, but work nothing while the sporadic E was on in EU.

It will be pretty tough to break into the top ten in the IOTA contest
from outside the European arena, even with the antenna farm (see
links below).  But you can bet that we'll have a great time in the
process :O)

If you would like to see a few pictures from last year, see
http://www.g6yb.com/pj2ypics.htm

Or for info on the QTH, see:
http://asgard.kent.edu/ccc/

73s de Alan  G3XSV