[UK-CONTEST] Heil headsets

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 20 16:53:26 EDT 2002

Took rv's suggestion  (whoever he is !!! - maybe use uses a g5).
I happened to be doing some domestic shopping today at a place
almost next door to the local Maplin store so called in and bought
one of the small (?) windshields. It is about 5 times bigger than the
microphone housing and falls off if you look down. Even if it stayed
on, it would make the boom mike feel very conspicuous.

Didn't feel the need for one of these things before this current thread
and certainly don't now!! I have used the HC5 insert for several years
and have had very good reports so I'll put up with the imagined hisses.

Chris G3SJJ (GU8D multi-op in IOTA Contest)

(Perhaps I might have felt more positive if the new curtains/pole hadn't
fallen down in our recently decorated bedroom. Station Manager not
happy!)