[UK-CONTEST] CQWW SSB UK high finishers

Jonathan G0DVJ g0dvj at amsat.org
Wed Jul 24 13:55:53 EDT 2002

I hope your tongue is in cheek here Don.   Else you are missing the
point.

I & many others understand the business model being used, however this
was simply a request that us smaller fry (who do it for enjoyment and to
introduce newcomers to contests etc.) have our (i.e. one more) result
summarised on UK-Contest as well, despite being a "low finisher"!
Never mind - I'll wait for the summary in RadCom!  Presumably if CQ Mag
were to adopt Don's view, they would prevent RadCom from publishing
their summary of UK entrants too?  LMAO

I feel that the debate you mention would do nothing to encourage more
people to get involved in contesting or change the view of those who
don't contest about those who do!   Next month, I expect I will be again
reading people asking on here about how to involve more people in
contests or how to give this part of the hobby a more positive image.

And lets not actually encourage other organisations to follow the RSGB
in allowing subscriber only entries (in some contests) !

73,
Jonathan G0DVJ