[UK-CONTEST] IOTA - GW0GEI - Draft score - SO Fixed station unassisted HP SSB only 12 hour section

Steve Jones steve at rjtraining.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jul 30 17:17:24 EDT 2002

 I used trusty SDI again for my second attempt at 12 hour SO SSB section and had no problems (Thanks Paul) on the single pc. I even discovered some new features I had not played with before, due to finding time to play with the software a few days before the test.

I am not convinced about the S and P arguement -  as probably the strongest, and at times only, signal from Anglesey in the contest I think I was still better off running most of  the time (although I did pick up some on the second rx of the FT1000 when the rate went down -  still on second rx learning curve here!). I am down 200 plus qsos compared to last year but up on mults by 21 - but score still lower than last year due to the dearth of 15 point JA stations in the log. I did try more off periods this year, by doing short sharp sweeps of a band for mults and then taking another hour off, in the hope of condx improving towards the end of the contest (ie an es opening on 10m like last year) but 10m disapointed to the end and I ended up with a strong run of EU stations on 20m for the last 35 mins of the contest.

Good fun as always, never lost my run freq, and only upset one station on 40m - who cursed me after I had been running for 15 mins and refused to give me his call, even though I had asked if the freq was in use (honest, I did!)

 Draft score is as follows:
IOTA Contest Summary Sheet - 2002

Created-by   : SDI & SDICHECK, http://www.ei5di.com

Callsign     : GW0GEI

Claimed Score: 1163988

 Section      : IOTA Island High-Power

Category     : Single operator, 12 hours, SSB.

Off Periods  : 12 hours off

                          80m     40m     20m     15m     10m     Total

Valid QSOs SSB    76     167     513     236      50      1042

QSO Points          708    1269    2559    1344     378      6258

Multipliers SSB    20        47         61         41      17         186

Total Mults          20        47         61         41      17         186

  Radio(s)     : FT1000 plus ACOMB 1000 pa

Max power o/p: 400w

Antennas     : TH7 10-20m

Antennas     : HF2V 80/40m vertical plus 80m inverted V dipole

73

Steve GW0GEI

---
Protected by Norton Internet Security 2002
All outgoing and incoming emails are scanned for viruses.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---