[UK-CONTEST] Jubilee contest - the future ?

Peter Bowyer peter at unica.co.uk
Tue Jun 11 18:12:12 EDT 2002

Following on from Clive's posting....

It's certainly the case that I came across no local 9M6 op who knew about or
was the slightest bit interested in the Jubilee contest (or the Jubilee full
stop, but that's another point). I believe I was the only 9M6 active. If
9M6CT had been around, I'm sure he would have joined in (he's an
ex-pat....). The club station here has been QRV in BERU for the last couple
of years, operated by visiting Gs, and last weekend by another (me). The
only active 9M2 (as far as I could tell) was 9M2/G4ZFE. A 9V1 called me to
ask what it was all about, and promptly got shunted around 4 bands for his
trouble. I don't know if he then went on to work many others, though.

For this format to grow in popularity, which I believe it can, it needs to
appeal to the locals in the multiplier countries not just the ex-pats and
itenerant Gs.

Peter G4MJS