[UK-CONTEST] 2003 contest calendar

Ivan Davies g3izd at davies.net1.co.uk
Thu Jun 27 20:04:31 EDT 2002

To the Chairman , RSGB HF contest committee
Hi Justin,
            Not sure if you received my last message regarding the LF cumulatives, or even an earlier one at the beginning of the year.
            In both I expressed my regret at the unheralded deletion of the LF cums for 2002 and their replacement by more slow speed contests to the point where of 19 RSGB CW contests no less than 10 are slow speed. There has been some discussion in the UK contest reflector on these points and , inter alia, there seems to be reasonable support for  short, weekday evening contests with no speed restriction. I therefore request that the committee give some consideration to the provision of something along these lines, especially in the winter months.
            Regarding National Field days I personally would like to see them  remain largely unchanged and not mixed up together and include all the other transmission modes. The attempt to provide too many sections in VHFNFD has to my mind made it somewhat confusing, and has been described as a "dogs breakfast".
            With regard to ROPOCO, I note that there has been a number of proposed alterations. I personally am happy with it as I have no problem rising from my bed to do it. However there is a north-south divide on 80 metres in which anyone north of ,say Cheshire, is disadvantaged in the early morning, so a somewhat later start might level the pitch a little.( This is not an expression of the "north of Watford " syndrome as I actually hail from Sussex!)
        Cheers and 73 de Ivan G3IZD (Could you bounce this back as acknowledgment of receipt, tnx)

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---