[UK-CONTEST] More Field Day Stats...!

David L Sharred G3NKC at thersgb.net
Sun Nov 3 10:58:44 EST 2002

Nigel makes this point very well;

I had enquired some years ago as to DARC rules to Manfred, and reported back
to the HFCC on this.

It is the RSGB rules that differ most from other EU countries -  ie we are
points based, with x2 on 160 and 10m;   whereas DARC and EU do not have the
band  multiplier, but apply country multipliers.  So, it is probably us that
would have to change, to fall in line with EU "standard" - not a problem to
me...

Interestingly, DARC also include sections for non /P  stations, so they too
can participate  (as a club !).  SO, we could get greater entries this way -
that makes the event more successful, right ?  They also have a truly open
section, etc etc.  So everyone could be satisfied !

I raised the issue originally under Chris's Chairmanship, but it was never
pursued.....

I still have the translation of DARC rules into English for anyone
interested...

The benefit to having an EU wide event would be  greater log checking, from
a bigger pool of logs. This is an aim of DARC, and as many know, they will
accept entries from out of DK/DL

Additionally, the increase in QSO's is even more remarkable, since from
memory, one of the larger EU contries do not now support CW FD  (OZ??  I'll
have to check)

73

Dave