[UK-CONTEST] Bugbear virus

MM0ANT allmail at mm0antmail.co.uk
Thu Oct 3 20:02:13 EDT 2002

>One posting here yesterday had this virus attached.  Among other things, it makes your printers go mad!  Also received 3 more copies today from CDNOW.  Attached is the "remove" program.
>Peter G3LET

This one went mad at work today. I had six emails this morning to a couple
of accounts, My PC was protected as I had recently downloaded McAfee's
update but one or two machines weren't. As you say, the network printers
starting going ape at which point we switched off the router rack. No real
damage done as we don't have a permanent connection so nothing escaped
our office and no payload left behind. Lost about 30 man-hours during the
event though.

Rv!
www.MM0ANT.co.uk

"Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds." SEAL Team saying

multipart/mixed
---