[UK-CONTEST] RSGB 21/28 SSB - 9M2/G4ZFE

Richard Everitt richard at babbage.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 7 22:52:19 EDT 2002

RSGB 21/28 SSB

21 MHz - 25 QSOs
28 MHz - 20 QSOs

Station - IC756 PRO/IC-PW1, 400W to TH3 Junior at 10m
Station - Kuala Lumpur Planetarium

Operators - Rich, G4ZFE and Ian, G3TMA

My first SSB QSOs from 9M2 and first time on SSB for some 3 years!

Whilst testing the repaired IC-PW1 amplifier on Saturday 10m conditions
were good into Europe but Sunday was a different story. Still it was
good to work the UK and hear some friends. Thanks to Ian for sharing the
operating giving me time to complete the shack PC networking and try
using javaradio.com - couldn't hear our signals in Europe though! Quite
a few non-G QSOs were made and it is frustrating working strong DL/SP
stations and not working the UK.

Best signals - G4DHF and G4IRC/P. The station had to be closed down at
22:30 local (14:30 UTC).

I am out of the country for the 21/28 CW leg but hopefully Ian, G3TMA
will be on. We will both be active in CQ WW SSB - M/S or two single band
entries.

73 de Rich, 9M2/G4ZFE