[UK-CONTEST] RSGB 21/28MHZ contest - G3PJV/P

Paul Walsh paul at wimpley.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Oct 8 16:03:03 EDT 2002

Hello,
            I made 104 qso with 17 mults in the contest. I was very
disappointed with conditions after working all Saturday setting up
antennas (in the wind and rain!!!) but I guess we can look forward the
CQWW at the end of the month. Hopefully without any solar disturbances!!

Equipment:

FT847, 100W
4ele 10m yagi @  25ft
2ele 15m quad @ 33ft

Call sign : G3PJV/P.

Most interesting contact was being called by P5DX on 15m! apart from
that there was no real dx for me, just the odd DU or YB, I noticed 15m
opened up to NA in the evening but my quad had jammed on the mast and
would not rotate, from East to West, so I could only listen to the weak
signals off the back of the quad.
            10m was very bad, I thought the band was never going to open
up, but it did eventually and only a few EU and PY stations were worked
– and no NA!

Well I hope to operate single op LP 10M only in the CQWW with my FT847,
100W and 4 ele yagi @40ft as G3PJV/P.

73 all
PauL
G3PJV.