[UK-CONTEST] 21/28....

Richard, M5RIC m5ric at talk21.com
Fri Oct 11 19:43:15 EDT 2002

Hello

Just arrived back from the Isle of Man. I was looking forward to the 21/28 contest but after the SFI and A index details came through on packet I was not so happy!

Started off calling CQ on 15M but hardly any answers, a quick look around and the band is practically dead. A few UA's on but not much else. I heard G4IRC/P, G4DHF and G3AB nice and strong and that was about it.

QSY to 10M but nothing at all, had a good sea takeoff to most places except EU(big lighthouse in the way). Carried on calling CQ on 15M and had a few runs but it was very slow and the UK stations were the strongest on the band.

Best DX was 5Z4IC on 10M, he said he would be on 15M later but never heard him. A few NA stations on but not many, heard some of the VK/ZL's working the OC contest earlier on but none for the 21/28.

Heard GM3WOJ running on 10M but I'd had enough by then and went looking around the other bands.

Conditions improved later on in the week, Thursday being the best day with some great pileups on 15 and 10M . Best DX - ZS6, 5Z, Z21 and HS0 on 10M. Mainly EU on 15M but 3B9 in the afternoon. Shame this wasn't in the contest :-)

Thanks to Alex, GD3UMW for bringing the mast and beam for me to use, and getting soaked on Friday packing it away.

Hope everyone enjoys the convention this weekend. See you in CQWW SSB as M2Z.

73

Richard, M5RIC / MD5RIC/P(21/28)

multipart/alternative
  text/html