[UK-CONTEST] Band-Plan vs Common Sense!

Nigel Cawthorne G3TXF at compuserve.com
Tue Oct 29 17:32:34 EST 2002

Hullo UK Contesters,

Sorry, but I have to disagree with those objecting to the
odd (OK, quite a few) SSB Contesters parking themselves
way down on 40m last weekend, eg FS/AH8DX was
on 7009 for hours on end, during CQWW SSB.

Strange as it may seem (being a CW nut) I have no real
objection because CQWW SSB is by far the largest single
event (bar none) in the Amateur Radio calendar, and 40m
is just not wide enough for such a major global SSB event.

This phenomenon happens just once a year, and I have no
complaint. [Hopefully the problem might even go away if we
are lucky to end up with a bigger 40m after the next WARC.]

However, if I'm doing 40m during the CQWW CW event
at the end of November, I shall be quite happy to be
CQ'ing on 7060, or where ever, and would hope that any
SSBer's who might be around those frequencies will
understand that the CQWW CW is the world's largest
CW event in the Amateur Radio calendar.

73 - Nigel G3TXF