[UK-CONTEST] CQWW SSB M/M

John MacLean, MM0CCC mm0ccc at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 30 17:53:14 EST 2002

Like Lee G0MTN, the GM5A team were cursed with bad colds over the weekend.
Mine appeared Thursday a.m. in time for a
full day outdoors working on the antenna farm, just to make sure it stayed
for the weekend.  It was no consolation that I wasn't
the only one suffering!  Nevertheless we were reasonably happy at our first
effort in M/M section.  LF scores were pleasing,
especially on 80m where we had to put up a dipole at short notice as we were
running out of time (and daylight) to put up a
vertical and/or Inverted L, as originally intended.  15 and 10 qso totals
were a bit low which has probably lowered our 3pts/qso
ratio to quite an extent.  Would we do M/M again?  -  Oh yes!

Thanks to Jim, GM0NAI for equipment loaned to us for the event.

Here's a quick summary.  A full write up is in progress.
Photos of the event, visit  -  http://www.mm0ant.co.uk/

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: GM5A
Operator(s): GM4FDM GM0BWR GM0CLN GM0RLZ MM0ANT MM0BSM MM0CCC MM1OKJ
Station: GMDX (From Stirling & District ARS QTH)

Class: Multi Multi
QTH: Throsk, Stirling
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: 2 x FT1000MP, FT1000MP MkV, TS850  -  3 x ETO91b, Amp UK Challenger
Antennas :  160 - Inv L, 80 - Dipole, 40 - 40-2CD, 20 - 4ele, 15 - 4ele,
10 - KT34XA.

Band  QSOs  Zones  Countries
------------------------------
  160:  464    11       61
   80:  892    12       74
   40:  1430  27       98
   20:  1742  39      145
   15: 1595   36      146
   10: 1407   30      135
Total: 7530  155     659  Total Score = 10,618,635 pts

Please work GM7V Multi-Multi in CQ WW CW !
73 de John, MM0CCC.