[UK-CONTEST] CQWW 160M HP

GU4YOX gu4yox at cwgsy.net
Sat Dec 6 17:06:33 EST 2003

Dear All

Another new experience for me here in GU. This year HP was the preferred choice with the vertical antenna up at 87' with 4300' of radials. Beverages out at 300 and 180 deg.

Totals were:

895 QSO's        73 Cty's         17 Zones       98,100 Pts

Highlights: being called by ZD8Z close to the end for x 2 Mult, and wkg 5U and a few more for  new ones.

Lowlights: Having lots of 1-2 minute microsleeps but one which left my finger on the F1 key !!!! Apologies to those that were listening. Getting up at 0500 to fly to SM5 for work on Monday. Got back yesterday.......

In general, a great contest, loads of 73's and I did listen for several minutes on non-call senders to find I'd worked them, most annoying. At the end I think I'd drunk it dry though.

Food for thought: Just how do you stay fully alert all night, every night. This would be an interesting discussion albeit old ground. I think I had 30 mins sleep at night from Friday - Sunday. The days were very sleepable !

CQWW really is the Contest !

73

Bob