[UK-CONTEST] Start-End times

G3SXW g3sxw at compuserve.com
Tue Dec 16 18:54:33 EST 2003

Dear UK-Contest,
Contest adjudicators like CQ WW and RSGB are not interested in
start/end times. So, that deals with the contest-logging aspect.
As for the 'rules', in my recent experience the RA inspector asks a
complaining neighbour to keep a log of interference times, then
revisits to see if there is a match with your operating times. Hence
the bit about 'operating periods' and band/mode changes in BR68.
I have found that inspectors couldn't care less how you log
operating-periods.
The difficulty is when calling some juicy DX for a period of time
without getting through. Then the logging program really needs to
be able to log that operation even though there's no call-sign to log.
73 de Roger/G3SXW.