[UK-CONTEST] Bandpass Filters

Andy Cook, G4PIQ g4piq at btinternet.com
Sat Jan 11 08:02:38 EST 2003

I built a load of these filters for multi-multi at M6T. They are pretty
effective on the lower bands - up to 40m. 20 is OK, but 15 and 10 are really
quite broad and only offer 10/15 dB rejection in the other band. The series
capacitor needs to be able to handle decent current and I resorted to
wrapped mica caps on the high bands for these after a few failures from some
(admitted old) junk box 750V brown mica things. The modern mica caps seemed
to stand up OK on the low bands.

I used the ICE switched 6 box filters for SO2R at the moment which are OK,
but not great design - I;'ve never liked the way the LEDs flash with all the
RF around and I have had to disable some LEDs where they have ended up being
noise sources - I think damaged from the RF.

Andy