[UK-CONTEST] Butternut HF9V

john lemay john.lemay at which.net
Sun Jan 12 02:39:52 EST 2003

Hello all

Many thanks for the helpful responses about the HF9V. It's certainly given
me the impetus to continue working, since there is a general expectation
that it "will" work.

Yes, I have trees, a Veratower, and buildings quite close, also boundary
fences and power/Bt cables. Such is life on a small plot. If it was bigger
I'd try dipoles, or anything but a vertical compromise.

I spent some time yesterday cleaning up connections and applying some
anti-corrosion gunge. Perversely and frustratingly this has actually made
some bands a lot worse, so it seems that I am looking for one or more
intermittent connections - and there are plenty of places to look Hi.

The web site was particularly useful and I now realise that I have an
HF9V-X, which is a version using shorter length tubes (but more of them)
presumably for ease of transport. I had been given the instructions for the
standard model.