[UK-CONTEST] Obvservations in AFS SSB

Alex Allan alex at g3zbe.co.uk
Mon Jan 20 16:13:33 EST 2003

Hi
Since I asked the antenna height question, maybe I should mention my
antenna.  Not that I would recommend it. It was an 80M delta loop, i.e. a
triangle with the base up (At 45ft) and the point down.  Fed at the bottom
with 12ft of of 600ohm o/w line.   It was pretty pathetic. I want to go back
to my 145ft doublet at 45ft but the pulley at the top of my pine tree is
jammed :0(
Interesting about hearing EU stations I only heared LY3BA and two very weak
Germans,  that is probably telling me something!!

Alex