[UK-CONTEST] DX Cluster

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 28 17:56:45 EST 2003

I have been monitoring the DX Cluster over the last week whilst checking out various
functions in Writelog. I have come to the conclusion all is not well but maybe partly to
do with some settings I put in a couple of years ago ago to reduce the amount of
Announces from mainland Europe.

I connect to GB7BPQ (NMCLUS) and certainly notice that there are more Spots available
when I am not connected than when I am, also doing SH/DX lists more Spots than I have
received. Hopefully now the use of Announce for non-urgent traffic has reduced for me to
dispense with the filter although I still do see some getting through.

This evening whilst disconnected I noted a 20 minute gap with no spots at all which does
seem a long time even taking into account it was a non-contest period. Over the weekend
it seemed very quiet even though there was 3 contests in action and doing SH/C listing
lots of nodes and users. I wonder if anyone else finds it as erratic or is Cluster
traffic much less than it used to be?

Chris G3SJJ