[UK-CONTEST] WAE 2002 Results Booklet...

Nigel Cawthorne G3TXF at compuserve.com
Tue Jun 24 03:44:49 EDT 2003

Hullo UK Contesters,

I just KNEW I shouldn't have tried to do that WAE Summary
Table! Sorry, but I omitted MM0BQI on RTTY. An amended
WAE table follows.

Meanwhile it is interesting to note that there were some
650 logs (270 DL and 380 non-DL) received for the 24-hr
WAG Contest which takes place on the same weekend as the
RSGB's 12-hr 21/28 CW Contest. In comparison, the RSGB
21/28 MHz event only attracts a handful of entrants.

There were 15 UK logs for WAE-CW:

M5X      1661k [Multi-op : G0IVZ, G4TSH, G4EDG]
M0SDX     893k [SO-HP]
G3TXF     862k [SO-HP]
GW7X      411k [SO-HP] = GW3NJW
G3SXW     324k [SO-LP]
G3SQX-    320k [SO-HP]
G5LP-     188k [SO-LP]
G4BUO-    170k [SO-HP]
G0WXJ      71k [SO-LP]
G3KKQ      63k [SO-LP]
G4OGB      58k [SO-LP]
G3RSD      53k [SO-LP]
G3JJG-     31k [SO-HP]
G3GMS      13k [SO-HP]
GI4KSH      3k [SO-HP]

The only UK station to be 'in a box' on CW is M5X who came 5th
in the Multi-operator category. WAE entrants are all assumed
to be using DX-Cluster unless they indicate otherwise. Stations
with a "-" after the call are those which indicated they were not
using Cluster during the contest.

There were only seven UK entrants for the various sections
of WAE-SSB, with GW7X [GW4BLE] coming in 9th in Europe.

GW7X            1556k [SO-HP] = GW4BLE
M2Z              334k [Multi-op: M5RIC and G0VHS]
MW5EPA           208k [SO-HP]
G0WXJ            183k [SO-LP]
GW0GEI            23k [SO-HP]
MJ/DL2JRM/p       20k [SO-HP]
G4GOY             17k [SO-LP]

For WAE-RTTY there were 11 UK entrants with G0URR gaining
overall sixth place in Europe.

G0URR   924k [SO-HP]
M0SDX   686k [SO-HP]
GW3NJW  434k [SO-HP]