[UK-CONTEST] Can o' Worms

GW4BLE GW4BLE at btinternet.com
Mon May 19 18:14:06 EDT 2003

Well, my recent post about autobrake winches has certainly caused a bit of a
stir.....

Commiseration's indeed to Stewart GM4AFF;  crikey!!!  (putting it politely,
you understand), you have your work cut out sorting that lot Stewart :-((

I note that Don suggests guying a verasatower - but that defeats the object,
and indeed can be a dangerous thing to do (says he, who has a "temporary"
guy on his tower). The article, "Installing Towers Safely" by Peter O'Dell
WB2D, published in the 1989 CQ Antenna Buyer's Guide (aka "The Source Book")
should be mandatory reading for *anyone* who owns, or is considering,
purchase of a tower (self-supporting, guyed  or crank-up).

Interesting to hear the observations on stainless, vis-a-vis galvanised
ropes. I think the jury's still out on that one.  Has anyone tried replacing
same in-situ by the way, i.e. without removing the sections?

Steve
GW4BLE