[UK-CONTEST] AUTOBRAKE WINCHES

Cooper, Stewart coopers at odl.co.uk
Tue May 20 04:01:36 EDT 2003

Yes, the fibre inside the steel wire is simply a method of holding the
grease within the wire rope. As it is stretched the fibre rope is squeezed
and helps to lubricate the steel. There is a specific type of grease for
this purpose, but I don't know what type. It is actually quite thick. I
would like to know, if anyone here knows...

Stewart