[UK-CONTEST] 2nd 160M Contest

GU4YOX gu4yox at cwgsy.net
Sun Nov 16 12:30:53 EST 2003

A trial night for my monstrous 87 ft vertical/ Inverted-L and 4300' of radials here on the west coast of GU. As darkness fell, I hoisted the antenna to full height. After some initial testing, once in full swing RF was getting into the shack. The PC would burst ito flurries of 40 wpm and the keyer started to lock up. Not very good. The antenna was performing well to the US though and could be promising for CQWW. Anyway a good night as usual but not a great result.

194 QSO's  81 Bonus (32 C's 49 Z's)     Score 978 Pts

Best signal heard was G3BJ
Apologies if you were zapped with cw at warp factor 8 !

73

Bob