[UK-CONTEST] Filters

Peter Bowyer peter at unica.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 02:41:34 EST 2003

G3SXW wrote:
> Dear Chris,
> (This info may be outdated).
> Cluster spots can be filtered by band:
> set/filter/band=(2) ALL
> with a space between '(2)' and 'ALL'
> or
> set/filter/band=(2,6) ALL
> (where 'ALL' means all countries).
> The system only caters (unless I am out-of-date)
> for 2 and 6 metres in the VHF/UHF range. But for
> CQWW contest you could for example use:
> set/filter/band=(30,17,12,6,2) ALL
> NB: it's a long time since I did this . . . . . the word 'band'
> might actually be 'bands'.
> Good luck. Let me know how it goes.
> 73 de Roger/G3SXW.

I think that's the syntax for AK1A software - G1TLH's DXSpider (which you'll
find on (almost) all of the UK clusters these days, as well as many other
places) has a much nicer and more flexible filter engine.

Try HELP FILTER when you've connected, there's a good tutorial.

A good start for use next weekend is

ACCEPT/SPOTS ON HF/CW
REJECT/SPOTS ON WARC

Pretty self-explanitory... you can also 'tune' what parts of the world you
want to see spots from, so you only see what's spotted in Europe, for
example.

Peter G4MJS