[UK-CONTEST] 80m Noise

Jim Martin MM0BQI at theRSGB.net
Sat Nov 29 03:34:49 EST 2003

Has anyone else experiened broadband noise on 80m this morning? 3.0 to 4.5
MHz is covered with what sounds like electric motor noise sitting at S9.
Started at 06.30 and is still going strong.
I am using an HF2V on the flat roof with 8 radials.  Located in central
Edinburgh.  As usual this noise was not audible during testing over the past
week!
It's either fix the noise or go camping tonight and work portable. (I would
rather cure the noise)
Any ideas or thoughts appreciated
Thanks
Jim