[UK-CONTEST] CQWW SSB G3TXF SOSB/15 HP

Nigel G3TXF Nigel at G3TXF.com
Mon Oct 27 02:58:11 EST 2003

Hullo UK-Contesters:

G3TXF did Single-Op 15m Single Band in CQWW SSB
QTH: North Devon WAB : SS44
Operating Time (hrs): 31 [16hrs on Sat, 15hrs on Sun]

   15: 1993    33      122
------------------------------
Total: 1993    33      122  Total Score = 728,500

Conditions were much better than we had been lead to believe they
would be, prior to the contest. With the SFI above 200 and K hovering
between 1 and 2, things turned out pretty well on 15m.

The last QSO (CE4B) was at 2141z on the Saturday and the last QSO on
Sunday (LU1FF) was at 2056z, which is good going for 15m in late
October!

Unfortunately I seemed to have missed several 'easy' zones. Seven
zones were missed altogether: 1, 19, 22, 23, 26. 29 and 39. Never
heard a KL7 in z1, although two KH6's were worked in z31.

The openings to JA were much better on the Long Path than they were on
Short Path. In fact barely any JA's were worked SP at all.

A 4-el 15m yagi [80ft] was put up 'field-day style' for the event. All
CQing was done manually (no DVK here!). Funniest DVK experience was
hearing the station where the DVK voice was a bloke but the op
appeared to be a YL!

Station : FT-1000MP (with a brand new Heil headset - great stuff!),
Alpha 89 and CT 9.90.

73 - Nigel G3TXF