[UK-CONTEST] Local RFI help

Tim-M0BEW m0bew at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Sep 10 19:03:25 EDT 2003

Not exactly contest related.

I wonder if there is anyone I can contact regarding a severe problem of rfi
that I started to recieve.
The rfi is in the form of a constant heavy buzz, peaking way over s9 between
the 2-9Mhz range and throughout HF getting weaker in strength as freq rises
above this.
The problem is time related (on 1925/off 0646 yesterday), so its perhaps
some form switched lighting or temperature device.
This is not a minor problem in my opinion,  its severely effecting reception
and needs to be delt with. As it is now LF is difficult to use for all but
the strongest of signals.
I don't own a batt powered rx to find this thing myself, and I understand we
are an unprotected service etc, however is there anyone to contact to help
track this offending item, so I can at least have a direction to move in to
make a complaint?

Tim-M0BEW.