[UK-CONTEST] AUTOBRAKE WINCHES

Luc Halbach LHalbach at iesa.ulg.ac.be
Sun Sep 21 04:38:08 EDT 2003

Hello Dave,

I got your comment thanks to an Internet Yahoo search. I have exactly the problem you point out in this comment ! I tried to get the input shaft kit out of the winche and I got it away. Nevertheless, I am not at all successful removing, even a bit, the pinion gear that apply force on the friction disc. They are probably both "glued" on the brake discs due to a long time without any manoeuvre ( I mean  more than 5 years ).

Do you know any mean of solving the problem ? By trying to remove the friction disc with a saw ? Or it could also be that simply the pinion gear is locked to the shaft. But there is not so much way to apply a big force to unblock it as the shaft is only terminated with a small place where the handle can be stopped rotating around it.

Anayway, any help would be very welcome.

Perhaps do I have to buy a new input shaft kit immediately ?

73's QRO de Luc ON6JY