[UK-CONTEST] EU sprint.

Andy swiffin a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Apr 12 05:50:15 EDT 2004

I only stumbled across the Sprint by accident after finishing some
painting in the house.  (Yes, sorry I allowed domestic chores to get in
the way of radio :-)

What a jolly contest!    I wish I'd been paying attention before and
had registered that it was on - I only had time to spend 30 or 40
minutes but it was a real laugh  and I hope I'll have time to take the
next one more seriously.

A question -  Will the CW one be full of people with machines rattling
away at 40 WPM so that ordinary mortals like me won't have a chance of
copying anything?   If the CW speed was limitted to something sensible
I'd be keener to have a go -  how about putting a speed limit on these
things?  Or even better make everyone use a trad key for sending that'll
sort 'em out.  I'm sure there are some people who can rattle away
manually at 40wpm but it mostly seems pointless to me!

Cheers
andy
gm8oeg