[UK-CONTEST] FT1000MP Clarifier Problem

Bob Henderson bob at cytanet.com.cy
Tue Aug 3 07:27:57 EDT 2004

Thanks to all for the helpful comments and particularly to Fred BWP for the
reference on www.mods.dk I have done the job this morning.  As Fred
suggested, it took about 30 minutes.  The Clarifier control once again works
reliably.  BTW the encoder is mechanical not optical though the problem does
seem to be caused by a non-conductive lubricant getting between the fixed
contacts and the rotor wheel.  At Fred's suggestion, I cleaned away the
residue using Vodka.

73

Bob, 5B4AGN, G3ZEM