[UK-CONTEST] Extended 7Mhz - Band plan

ian fugler ian at g4iiy.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Aug 30 05:36:26 EDT 2004

Anticipating the introduction of the extra 100Khz on 7Mhz, I wonder if any
thought has been given to a new band plan.  I guess that, until the
commercial stations have all moved and until such time as the extended band
is generally available to all countries, the need for a Band Plan is
limited.  However, will we see, for instance, a similar situation to 80m
with the top 25Khz 'reserved' (for want of a better expression) for DX?

Perhaps there is an opportunity here for we contesters?  We could lobby for
the extra 100Khz to be reserved totally for contest operating, or to extend
the CW section from 7.00 to 7.15(!)?

Ian G4IIY