[UK-CONTEST] Sleep Deprivation Methods etc

Tom Wylie tom at gm4fdm.com
Fri Dec 3 15:49:09 EST 2004

I think Clive has got it about right.

When I used to be a copper in a previous life and worked shifts - sleep
pattern was not a problem - however now I'm old and grey and grumpy, I need
my beauty sleep.

If I get a good start I can go on for ages but if like Multi Multi GM5A we
are doing 4 or 5 hour shifts on and off - I get tired very quickly.

Its a bit like a duracell battery - leave it switched on and it lasts
forever, turn it on and off and it is like all the others.

I dont really think there is an answer - all the suggestions are good and
sensible, but you can't argue with father time.   I dont know about other
multi op stations but at GM5A we are usually so busy all day on the Friday -
by the time midnight comes we are all knackered anyway.   Better to have
your own station which is usually all set up, then you can go to bed after
tea time on the Friday and have a few hours kip before the Contest.   Dont
do what I did a couple of years back - woke up at 5am!!!!   D'oh.

Ah - its a young man's game - like any sport.  Oh to be able to turn the
clock back!

Tom
GM4FDM