[UK-CONTEST] Sleep Deprivation Methods etc

Ray Goff ray at g4fon.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 16:13:15 EST 2004

Hi,

I can concur with those who say that you cannot accumulate sleep, if I am not
tired, I cannot sleep no matter how hard I try!

One thing I have noticed is that my sleep requirements are seasonal and have to
do with the number of hours of sunlight. In the summer months, I can get by with
far less sleep than the winter months. I am not sure why this should be, but for
me at least it is definitely the case. I do a fair amount of international
travelling and also burning the midnight oil, but this does not seem to affect
my varying sleep requirements.

Unfortunately, the long contests seem to be in the winter, which makes it doubly
difficult for me to remain awake.

Just my observations on me!

73

Ray, G4FON