[UK-CONTEST] Writelog and 80mCC/AFS

Dave Lawley g4buo at compuserve.com
Wed Dec 29 06:30:17 EST 2004

While we're on the subject of enhancements to WL, my number one request
would be to make callsigns spotted by other computers on the network
appear in the packet window. WL as it stands is pretty useless in a
multi-op environment, because mults (or even just Qs) spotted by a
spotter station only appear in the bandmap, not in the packet window.
The bandmap only covers a very limited portion of the band, so if you're
not in that part of the band you have no way of seeing new stuff
supplied by the spotter. He can use Alt-G to tell you about the spot,
then you need to write it down on a piece of paper!

CT has had this facility for many years, simply using Ctrl-Enter. The
only way of doing it with WL is to use Ctrl-T and send the spot to the
whole packet network, which negates the point of having your own mult
spotter! You can run your own private cluster but this is way over the
top for what is a simple requirement.

Dave G4BUO