[UK-CONTEST] GU0SUP SOABLP CW only IARU

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Sun Jul 11 16:27:42 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Just had a bit of fun, helping to support GB5HQ, and seeing what was around.
Managed 9Y4ZC on 40m, which was pleasing with a small inverted L, but
couldn't manage V44NK. Onnly managed to find GB5HQ on 40 and 20, not a
sausage on 80! Also managed to find Don G3BJ on 40 and 20 - thanks for the
mult!
As this was my first ever attempt at this contest, I wasn't really sure of a
strategy, so I plumped for grabbing as many HQ stations as possible, plus
working anyone else I could find, especially the 5-point stations.
I suspect I will drop a few contacts in the final scoring, as there were a
few stations who just couldn't get the GU bit! It's OK sending at 34 wpm if
you can then read what comes back at 26 - 28 wpm!
Still, I only entered for a bit of fun, so I was quite pleased with what I
managed.

One query.......... I worked an SP station, who signed /MM, and Writelog
scored it as ZERO points.
I know the log goes in Cabrillo format, but I would quite like to know
whether I ought to have got points for the QSO. Any ideas?

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Guernsey
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:     0            0
   80:     4            4
   40:    30          23
   20:   129          41
   15:    60           29
   10:    29           24
Total:  252       121  Total Score = 79,013

73 for now
Phil GU0SUP