[UK-CONTEST] CW Letters instead of Numbers

QSL qsl at zetnet.co.uk
Wed Jun 2 06:51:16 EDT 2004

The message <s0bdb673.045 at IA-GEN-A2.dundee.ac.uk>
from "Andy swiffin" <a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk> contains these words:

> The rules also state, for wpx:
> "V. Exchange: RS(T) report plus a progressive contact three-digit
> serial number starting with 001 for the first contact. (Continue to four
> digits if past 999 and five if past 9999.)"

> for NFD: "Exchange: RST + Serial number."

Ignore any 'grey bits' Andy

Surely you have answered your own question, and the key 'word' has to be
NUMBER

'5nn' is NOT a NUMBER........although I imagine that 99% of ops use it
anyway [Guilty M'Lud] and have done for years

.......however 'aet' whatever, will never be a number - not by any
stretch of the imagination.

Changing tack slightly.....is not RS[T] in a contest wholly superfluous
? Q5, and then asking for repeats ?

Many years ago when I was an 'umble G8, and logs were hand written, and,
with respect 'properly checked' I, and some others, made a stand against
the standard 59 exchange - If they were 33, thats what they got......and
trust me the 'big boys' did not like it, but they had to log it
correctly or lose the points.

Graham
Just a humble M5's ramblings...........remember if you work an M5 it is
guaranteed that they have passed a Morse Test, albeit at 5wpm......QRS
anyone ?

--
73 Graham M5AAV    http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/m5aav/qsl.htm