[UK-CONTEST] NFD Claimed Scores 8/8/2004

Steve Jones steve at rjtraining.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jun 8 20:00:50 EDT 2004

Hi All,
A quick report from me on Dragon ARC/Contest Cymru Group draft score
(after a 2 year absence from FD)

Open Section - 20m only

QSOs (include loads of dupes) - 732
Points (net of dupes)         - 2021

Equip: FT1000D (+Inrad filter) turned down to 100w output (measured on
in line Bird throughout the contest)

Antenna: Hygain 204ba @ 30ft on mobile tower

Coax : rg213 / ldf450

Site : new hilltop site in middle of Anglesey

Software: N1MM running on two laptop network (one master running the
packet link, with second laptop running radio cat interface and lpt1 cw
keying) - worked like a dream thanks to GW8IZR spending days of his
holiday setting up the system and testing it.

Food: mixture of fish and chips, beans, and home made samosas on the
second day (thanks to Paul's xyl)

Conditions - really bad for first two hours, poor all Saturday night,
slow on Sunday, but finally a run in the last half an hour to VR2/HR/JA
which put a smile on my face ;-)

WX: superb

High points: JA run in last half an hour, plus the fresh warm samosas
delivered to the site on Sunday morning.

Low points: guarding the hired 4kv generator and spare generator from
bandits lurking about the nearby country lane at 1 am on Sunday am
looking for something to sell in the Sunday car boot.

I will try to give a more detailed report after I have recovered from 24
hours plus of erecting/operating and have time to review the log.

73

Steve GW0GEI