[UK-CONTEST] G3GHN FD 2004

Steve Bunting stephen.bunting at kcl.ac.uk
Thu Jun 10 10:16:54 EDT 2004

For once everything worked - no equipment problems at all for the entire
weekend! We even had resonant antennas on all bands. The spotting
station was abandoned due to overload from the run station, but the WAN
worked a treat allowing people in the tea tent to access the network via
a PDA. We were a bit late starting, and the rate seemed slow until after
the usual club fish and chip supper. Once re-greased we had a good
overnight/early morning session that bumped our QSO number up
nicely. Prop wise there was only a little spotty SpE on 10m; virtually
nothing on 15m and a poor showing on 20m meant that the low bands
provided the bulk of our score. Although we will never bother the top
half of the results table, our claimed total is well above that of the
last two years so the weekend has to be seen as a success!

 Band    10   15   20   40   80  160  All

 QSOs    17   26  128  171  118  118  578
 Dupes            7    4         7     18
 Pts    108   68  346  542  404  880 2348

 CW FD    C 38                 Score 2348

Section: Open

Operators: G3JKY, G4TJE, G4DBW, M0BPQ

Equipment: IC-756PRO, N1MM logger, Winkey, Tribander at 20m, inv-V
dipoles for 40, 80 and 160m.

There were 10 people on site in total.  Would especially like to thank
the people who towed, tied, erected and dismantled.  Without them the
weekend wouldn't have been possible.

73 Steve
M0BPQ