[UK-CONTEST] NFD

G3KKQ at aol.com G3KKQ at aol.com
Thu Jun 10 11:25:37 EDT 2004

Highlight of the weekend happened before the contest started. While having  a
QSO or three, I happened on KK4IP, Victor in NC, who, after the usual
exchanges told me he was on Omaha Beach, Normandy on D Day. He sailed from
Southampton on the cruise ship Princess  Elizabeth, but no  cruise, - it was standing
room only. Think he meant Queen  Elizabeth or Queen Mary, but I may be wrong.
Lucky guy anyway.
During the contest, we also worked WW2DDM, which also seemed rather  topical.
Looking up the callsign it belongs to the QCWA or Quarter Century  Wireless
Association.

Still checking the log but so far it looks like this:

    160     80        40        20        15    10

    138    161    252        209       76    41    877/3559

G3UES/P Echelford Amateur Radio Society

Ops G3KKQ,    G4IRN,    G0KBL

Dennis G3KKQ