[UK-CONTEST] IOTA Multi-Op Logging Software

Jim Martin - MM0BQI MM0BQI at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jun 14 12:42:29 EDT 2004

This year for the first time I am putting together a multi-op team for IOTA.
Previously, logging was with SDI but I would like to use a full blown
multi-op program with cluster access, bandmaps etc etc.  My normal (FREE)
contest software, N1MMLogger, does not currently fully support IOTA for a
multi-op entry.  The problem lies with the sent serial number having to be
sequential, from 001 for all contacts.  There can be no separate numbering
for different bands/modes or for the run/mult transmitters.
I have little experience with commercial contest loggers so was looking for
advice as to how well they perform in IOTA and how much it is going to cost
me! I assume they all handle the sent serial numbers properly.
I was tempted to stick with SDI as it is undoubtedly the best software for
single-ops and could be made to work very nicely. But with low sunspots, a
northerly location, 100w, dipoles and midgies to contend with I need to
optimise all parts of the operation!
The intended set-up is two rigs, receiver, three laptops on a wireless LAN
with cluster access, rig control and auto band switching of filters and
antennas.
Comments on your IOTA contest software experiences would be most appreciated
Thanks
Jim
---