[UK-CONTEST] QRS Etc

Plucknett, Geoff (UK) geoff.plucknett at baesystems.com
Wed Jun 23 12:28:54 EDT 2004

40 feet? Luxury! My 15m long inverted V doublet has a top at 18 feet, both ends at about 5 feet
 and I kid it into thinking it is a 3.5 MHz dipole by my secret extensions - 60 feet of wire wrapped around
cylindrical Hob-Nob biscuit tubes and just stuck in series. MFJ-941 wonder-box gets it to work
after a fashion on everything from 3.5MHz to 50MHz! Also worked JA, DS and 9M2 on a 15 foot sloper
at 15 feet in the AA CW at the weekend so antennas don't need to be big!

Geoff G4FKA