[UK-CONTEST] TS850 Operating Manual - Urgent Request

RONALD HORSLEY ronhorsley at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 1 06:31:50 EST 2004

Hi Steve,

Interesting reading your problem with the 850. Sorry I can't offer a manual
for the 850 or answer the question because I am a very raw new starter with
RTTY, ( encouraged by the 80M CC contest) and have had identical problem
with an 870.  Continuous tone
and no modulated signal,. its on the end of the plug but the rig doesn't
read it.  The 870 Manual hasn't helped me either but that might be the
strange (to me) names of various features.

Have given up for the moment trying to use FSK via the ACC 2 connection on
the back of the rig and moved to use AFSK with a home brew connection to
SPKR and
MIC.  Have incorporated 1:1 isolating transformers in each line plus an
attenuator for the mic i/p.

The RTTY connection on the 870 seems to be deaf but I expect it needs a TNC
feed.

My first (and only one so far) RTTY QSO reminded me of my first CW
contact!!!

My reason for replying to your question is to say you are not alone and I
would appreciate hearing if you get an answer and solution and would you
mind passing it on to me if it is sent direct to you and not through the
reflector.

Best of luck,

73
Ron