[UK-CONTEST] Commonwealth Contest

Ian White, G3SEK G3SEK at ifwtech.co.uk
Fri Mar 12 02:47:28 EST 2004

G3SJJ wrote:
>>From Writelog Reflector
>

> http://www.writelog.com/Downloads
>
> March, 2004  (What's in 10.46G)
> ===============================
>.
> Support for RSGB Commonwealth Contest.

Two points confirmed with N9OH, who wrote the CC module:

The Multipliers window isn't intended to work, because
 >in this case I calculate mults based on prefixes and HQ stations rather
 >than a fixed list of multipliers.
 >So you can ignore that window.

The sign-on screen asks you to "Enter Commonwealth", because
>I thought each country was a separate commonwealth -- but it appears not?
>Oops... terminolgy mix up I guess.  I can change it but it won't be released
>for several weeks.  Hopefully everyone will figure out what they should
>enter
>in that field!  :)

... namely, your own country.

So WL users will have to manage without the band/bonus tracking window,
at least for this first year. However, N9OH replied very quickly to my
e-mail, and that's a good sign for the future.

--
73 from Ian G3SEK