[UK-CONTEST] Voice Keyer

Cooper, Stewart coopers at odl.co.uk
Fri May 7 09:15:44 EDT 2004

OK on all the comments about RF feedback. After a bit of investigation, my
RF feedback appears to come, not from the MJF voice keyer itself, as I had
thought, but from the Heil headset, when it is plugged in to the DX Doubler.
If I unplug the mic input (which comes from the DX Doubler) into the MFJ the
problem goes, but it also goes if I unplug the headset from the DX Doubler.
This is probably getting nearer to the solution. I do use a small ferrite
toroid on the mic, but it obviously doesn't do the job.
It's worth noting that the reason a battery is recommended for use with the
MFJ is because RF gets in through the supply line. Nothing directly to do
with increasing the supply 'resilience'.
All said and done, I may ditch CT and try Writelog with a sound card. But I
may still get RF in through the DX Doubler or Heil. I will only find out by
trying it.
(Oh help. I'm suggesting the use of Windows as a shack operating system!)

73
Stewart
GM4AFF
Offshore Design Ltd
www.odl.co.uk
This email is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and privileged information. You should not disclose its
contents to any other person. Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure or
notify the sender immediately.